The First Post..?

 It Puzzles me.

This act of writing. Should I have ended that previous sentence with a comma or period, maybe a semicolon? 
Or am I focusing too much on the presentation and not enough on the idea? Will the idea improve the more I write or the more I think about it in my head?

This blog is an outlet for my thoughts but it's also an exercise to my writing skills and how I can present those thoughts in a written form.
Today the first 02/01/2021 (Using the American Month/Day/Year format) is a nice day to start a blog. 
    
I did not enjoy that first paragraph it felt too rigid and analytical, which is what I like to read but I doubt many others do. I should color it more...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

...
...

....

I don't like colors, my favorite color is Grey because I believe it accentuates all other colors. So let me rephrase that. I don't like colors to myself. I like Grey because it's unpresumptuous. it's not telling you "Don't focus on me, but focus on what's around me." 

Grey is a team supporter it makes all other colors shine. Some might say Black or White go well with any color and that's correct. 

But they go well in a way that changes the other color. Not Grey though, grey makes you forget that it exists as it while you examine the other color. 


Writing should be grey. it shouldn't be something that shines on its own, but rather shine a light on the ideas within it. Superfluous writing can be beautiful on its own. the rhythm and sound of it make it a joy to say and hear. But if the language is too beautiful and fun to say then you're not really listening to the idea behind it which at times can be wrong either morally and factually. 


I had difficulty with this first blog because I am uncertain about whether it should be the first of many fictional stories or nonfiction. I enjoy stories and in Iraq, we say "An organized lie is better than a disorganized truth". All stories have an idea or a moral behind them and often stories are better at delivering an idea than the stale work of the best philosophers and mathematicians. Not morally "better", but more efficient since it reaches a wider audience. 


The main thing I want to present my ideas about our world. and I believe the best tool is the fictional stories which will let my ideas seep into the minds of my readers instead of bludgeoning them with raw hard thoughts. And although that seems ingenious. I will try to attach a non-fiction blog to each story I publish because I believe people should try to understand what I meant. Thus this blog shall be the non-fiction diary of my fictional stories. 


Today I wrote this blog and I will write about interdimensional refugees later on. I will explain more on that later.

Comments